Baked Sea Bass with Prawns, Pad Thai Noodles & Coconut Curry Sauce
Using Major Vegetable Pan-Asian Broth, Major Fajita Mari Base and Major Vegetable Stock Base Powder
Tiger Prawn Tails - butterflied
Major Pan-Asian Vegetable Broth(1)
Red, Green and Yellow Peppers - shredded
Mange Tout - finely shredded
Spring Onion - finely sliced
Pad Thai Noodles - cooked
Fresh Coriander(2) - chopped
Coconut Curry Sauce
Major Vegetable Stock Base Powder
Major Pan-Asian Vegetable Broth(2)
1. Chop up the prawns(1) and blend in a food processor.
2. Add Major Fajita Mari Base, check seasoning then add coriander(1) and blend further.
3. Lay sea bass fillets on board and season with a little salt. Pipe or spoon prawn puree on top of fillet and lay other fillet on top. Trim and cut in half.
4. Cut brick pastry into strips and brush with egg wash. Place sea bass on top and wrap pastry around the fish.
5. For the prawn garnish: place the water(1), Major Pan-Asian Vegetable Broth(1) and ketchup into a small pan. Bring to the boil. Drop in the prawns and remove from the heat. Coat with the sauce/glaze. Do not overcook.
6. Heat the sesame oil and add the shredded peppers. Cook for a few seconds then add the mange tout and spring onions.
7. Stir in the noodles and warm through. Season with a little salt before adding the coriander(2) and a splash of lime juice.
8. For the curry sauce: place water in a pan and add Major Vegetable Stock Base Powder. Bring to the boil. Add the coconut milk and reboil. Add Major Pan-Asian Vegetable Broth(2) and check the seasoning. Add a little water to cornflour and use to thicken slightly.
9. Place the sea bass onto an oiled tray and place in oven to cook for approx 8 minutes.
10. To serve, spoon vegetable noodles onto a plate. Place fish on top of noodle mixture. Spoon sauce around and top with chilli glazed prawns.