Braised Piri Piri Lamb Shanks
Using Major Piri Piri Mari Base, Major Veal Jus Powder and Major Lamb Stock Base
Major Piri Piri Mari Base
Chopped Tomatoes in Juice
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Coriander - Freshly Chopped
1. Heat oil in a large pan.
2. Brown lamb shanks on all sides, then remove to a casserole dish.
3. Add onions to pan and sauté until golden brown.
4. Stir beer, Major Piri Piri Mari Base, Major Veal Jus Powder and Major Lamb Stock Base together until blended.
5. Pour over onions and bring to the boil. Stir well.
6. Add chopped tomatoes in juice, cumin and chilli powder. Stir well.
7. Season with pepper.
8. Pour over lamb shanks, cover and cook in a pre-heated oven 170°C for 1.5 to 2 hours or until tender.
9. Remove from oven. Skim off any surface fat.
10. Serve lamb shanks on a bed of mashed potatoes. Sprinkle with chopped coriander.