1. Dry fry the lamb mince until sealed and then add the tomato puree. Cook slowly for a few minutes. Drain off any excess fat.
2. While the mince is cooking, place the diced topping ingredients into water and bring to the boil. Cook out the vegetables.
3. Add the onion, carrot, and swede/turnip to the mince. Sweat for 8 to 10 minutes stirring constantly.
4. Add the water and Major Lamb Stock Base Paste. Bring to the boil and the place on a low heat to reduce the liquid content. Add the peas.
5. Once the topping mix is cooked, strain it and return to the pan. Place back on a low heat to remove any residual water.
6. Shake the topping mix so that the vegetables start to break down to ensure the water has been removed.
7. Using a masher, crush down the topping and add the Major Vegetable Stock Base Powder. Check the seasoning and add a little black pepper if required.
8. Place the cooked lamb mince mixture into an earthenware dish and shake until level.
9. Using a pallet knife, place the topping mix on top of the mince. Place the dish in a preheated oven until the topping crisps up.
Allergy information: Gluten Free
Makes: 10 x 250g portions
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 60 mins
Chef's Tip: Avoid crushing the topping mixture too much when mashing it to give a bit of texture.