1. Heat half of the butter with 30ml of oil over a moderate heat.
2. Add meat in small batches and brown on all sides. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
3. Remove pan from heat and pour off half of the fat.
4. Return the meat to the pan, sprinkle over the flour and stir well.
5. Place pan back over moderate heat and cook, stirring constantly for 3 minutes.
6. Pour water over Major Lamb Stock Base and mix well.
7. Add stock, tomato puree, Dijon mustard and garlic puree and stir well.
8. Increase heat and bring to boil. Reduce the heat to low, add bouquet garni and season with pepper. Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
9. Meanwhile in a large frying pan, melt the remaining butter with the remaining oil over a moderate heat. Add onions and potatoes and fry until golden brown. Add celery and carrots and cook for a further 2 minutes.
10. Remove from heat with a slotted spoon