Slow Roasted Moroccan Lamb Bastilla
Using Major Moroccan Mari Base and Major Honey, Lemon & Mustard Mari Base
Lamb Neck - trimmed lightly
Major Moroccan Mari Base(1)
Carrots - cut into fine julienne
Major Honey, Lemon & Mustard Mari Base(1)
Green Beans - top and tailed
Tinned Chickpeas - drained and washed
Major Honey Lemon & Mustard Mari Base(1)
Moroccan Lemon Dressing
1. Marinate the neck of Lamb in Major Mediterranean Mari Base(1) and olive oil(1) overnight.
2. Prior to cooking, wrap the lamb in silver foil. Roast at 150°C for 3 hours or as required until tender.
3. Fry the fennel and red onion in olive oil(2), adding 1/2 of the cooking liquor from the lamb.
4. Shred the lamb and combine with fennel, onions and dried apricots. Add chopped coriander and allow to cool. Add Feta.
5. Lay out a sheet of filo and brush with olive oil. Cover with another sheet and repeat the process twice.
6. Cut the filo in half, width wise and use to line a greased 10cm tart tin. Fill with the Moroccan Lamb mix and fold the filo over the top to cover.
7. Bake at 180°C for 20-25 minutes.
8. To make the warm chickpea salad: gently heat the chickpeas in olive oil(4) and then stir in Major Honey, Lemon & Mustard Mari Base(2), mint and basil.
9. In a seperate bowl, combine the carrots, coriander and Major Honey, Lemon & Mustard Mari Base(1).
10. Cook the green beans in salted, boiling water. Drain and toss in butter and toasted almonds.
11. Mix the dressing ingredients together.
12. Plate up whilst warm and finish with a drizzle of the Moroccan Lemon Dressing.