1. Heat the oil in a pan or casserole pot. Once hot, add the beef and brown on all sides, then remove and set aside.
2. Sauté the shallots, carrots and fennel in the pan until caramelized (approx 15 mins).
3. Return the beef to the pot.
4. Add the peppers, water, Major Roast Beef Stock Base Paste, Major Veal Jus Paste, wine, mushrooms, mustard and tomato puree.
5. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for approximately 1.5 hours, or until the beef is tender.
6. Serve with mash, rice or wet polenta.