Venison Sausage, Roasted Autumn Vegetables & Madeira Sauce
Using Major Demi-Glace Powder, Major Beef Stock Base Paste and Major Mushroom Stock Base Paste
Turnip - peeled and diced
Shallots - peeled and cut into rings
Pumpkin - peeled and diced
Carrots - peeled and diced
Beetroot - peeled and cut into wedges
Major Beef Stock Base Paste
Major Mushroom Stock Base Paste
Cornflour - mixed with a little cold water
Butter - cut into small pieces
1. Reduce the madeira wine(1) by half.
2. Add water and whisk in Major Demi-Glace Powder. Slowly bring to the boil, stirring and simmering for 5 minutes.
3. Stir in Major Mushroom Stock Base Paste and Major Beef Stock Base Paste. Stir in the cornflour and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
4. Whisk in the butter a little at a time. Season with pepper and the madeira wine(2) and then pass through a chinois.
5. Leaving out the beetroot, mix the diced vegetables with the oil and thyme, keeping a little of the oil aside for the beetroot. Put vegetables on a roasting tray and roast for 25 minutes at 180°C.
6. Roast the sausages for 15-20 minutes at 180°C.
7. Boil the kale in salted water. Once cooked, drain and add butter. Season to taste.
8. Place the roasted vegetables in a bowl. Top with sausages, kale and madeira sauce.