1. Put the bulgur wheat into a heatproof bowl, add the boiling water, cover and leave to rest for 20 minutes until most of the water has been absorbed. Tip into a sieve and drain off any excess water.
2. Halve and de-seed the tomatoes then dice.
3. Mix the tomatoes with the cucumber and carrot.
4. When bulgur is cold rub between your fingers to separate the grains, then toss with the vegetables and herbs. Add the lemon juice.
5. Mix all the dressing ingredients together and whisk well.
6. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently.
7. Chill for at least 3hrs before serving.