Cous Cous Salad with Chickpeas, Bacon and Curried Vinaigrette
Using Major Bombay Mari Base
Streaky Bacon Rashers- Skinless
Red Bell Pepper- Deseeded & Diced
Yellow Bell Pepper- Deseeded & Diced
Spring Onions- Thinly Sliced
Canned Chickpeas- Drained and Rinsed
1. Cook bacon in oven until crispy. Drain and place on a kitchen towel/lined plate. When cool dice and set aside.
2. Put oil in a pan and cook onions on low heat until they are beginning to turn brown. Drain and set aside.
3. Put boiling water into a bowl, sprinkle in the cous cous and mix with a fork. Let stand for 5 minutes to absorb the water, then fluff the cous cous with the fork.
4. Allow to cool.
5. Place the cooked onion, carrot, cucumber, red and yellow pepper, spring onions and canned chickpeas in a bowl and stir lightly to combine.
6. Mix in the cous cous.
7. Mix all the dressing ingredients together and whisk well.
8. Pour the dressing over the salad. Mix again lightly.
9. Sprinkle with the crispy bacon.