Mexican Quinoa Salad With Orange And Lime Dressing
Using Major Vegetable Stock Base Powder and Major Fajita Mari Base
Mixed Baby Lettuce Leaves
Major Vegetable Stock Base Powder
Canned Sweetcorn - Drained
Canned Black Beans - Drained
Ripe Avocado - Chopped and Sprinkled With Lime Juice
1. Prepare quinoa by thoroughly rinsing under cold water in a fine mesh strainer.
2. Put 600ml water in a pan, whisk in the Major Vegetable Stock Base Powder stir in quinoa and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook on low heat for 15-20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
3. Prepare salad ingredients by mixing together the quinoa, sweetcorn, black beans, red onions and the coriander.
4. To prepare the dressing put all the dressing ingredients in a food processor and blend until creamy and smooth.
5. To plate place some lettuce leaves on a plate, top with the vegetable mix followed by some orange segments and avocado.
6. Serve with dressing on the side or toss with dressing before serving. Serve with tortilla chips.