Wild Mushroom & Crispy Paneer Salad
Using Major Mushroom Stock Base Paste, Major Honey, Lemon & Mustard Mari Base and Major Pan-Asian Vegetable Base
Shimeji Mushrooms - picked
King Oyster Mushrooms - halved
Asparagus Tips - blanched
Micro Purple Basil - picked
Button Mushrooms - very finely diced
Major Mushroom Stock Base Paste
Paneer Cheese - 2cm diced
Major Honey, Lemon & Mustard Mari Base
Major Pan-Asian Vegetable Base
1. Prepare an eggwash by combining the eggs with the Major Honey, Lemon & Mustard Mari Base.
2. Flour, eggwash and crumb the paneer cheese.
3. Make a duxelle by frying the shallots in olive oil until soft and then adding the finely diced button mushrooms. Cook out until the liquid has evaporated.
4. Stir through the Major Mushroom Stock Base Paste and keep at room temperature.
5. Sauté the king oyseter and shimeji mushrooms in olive oil and season to taste.
6. Make the dressing by combing the olive oil and Major Pan-Asian Vegetable Base.
7. Bowl or plate up 2 x 10g quenelles of duxelle and the remaining vegetables.
8. Deep-fry the cheese until golden and plate.
9. Finish with the dressing.