1. Poach the cod in enough simmering water to just cover it for 3-4 minutes until the fish starts to flake. Drain and pat dry with kitchen paper. Leave to cool.
2. Lightly fry pancetta in a pan. Drain well and leave to cool.
3. Boil the potatoes until just tender. Drain well and mash until smooth.
4. Beat in the Major Piri Piri Mari Base, butter, nutmeg, parsley, lemon zest and pepper.
5. Flake the cod into pieces and fold into the potato mix, then fold in the pancetta. Set aside to cool for 10-15 minutes.
6. Divide the mixture into 12 and shape into ovals about 2.5cm thick.
7. Cover and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
8. Mix the flour and cayenne pepper together.
9. Pass the fish cakes through the flour, cayenne pepper, egg and breadcrumbs.
10. Return to fridge and use as required.
11. Deep fry at 180°C until golden and hot in the centre.