Pulled Turkey and Black Bean Burritos
Using Major Barbecue Mari Base, Major Mediterranean Mari Base and Major Turkey Stock Base
Major Mediterranean Mari Base
Canned Sweetcorn- Drained
Black Beans- Rinsed And Drained
1. Spread the onions in the bottom of a small slow cooker.
2. Rub the turkey thigh with cumin, chilli powder and pepper.
3. Place turkey on top of onions.
4. Combine the Major Barbecue Mari Base sugar and mustard. Pour over the turkey.
5. Cover and cook on low heat for 6-7 hours or until very tender with the meat falling off the bone.
6. Uncover and skim off the fat.
7. Leave to cool for 10 minutes then using 2 forks shred the turkey meat, discarding the bone.
8. Stir in the vinegar and the cooking sauce.
1. Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat.
2. Add onions and garlic puree. Cook until onions are soft and translucent.
3. Stir in the thyme and the Major Mediterranean Mari Base.
4. Pour water over Major Turkey Stock Base and mix well.
5. Add stock and black beans to pan and stir well.
6. Simmer until the liquid is mostly evaporated.
7. Stir in corn and mix through.
8. Wrap tortillas in foil and place in a pre-heated oven 180°C until warmed through.
9. Working one burrito at a time spread a thin layer of rice across the centre of the tortilla. Spread a layer of pulled turkey on top of the rice then top with the bean mixture and sprinkle with a little coriander.
10. Fold one side of the tortilla over the filling then tuck in two sides. Fold the tortilla over the rest of the way to close it and seal in the ingredients.
* You could also sprinkle a little cheese on top and cook them in a pre-heated oven 175°C for 10 minutes.